Articles of Incorporation Oklahoma: What You Need to Know



Oklahoma law requires you to incorporate a corporation within six months of forming it. This includes registering the company with the secretary of state. If you want to incorporate a company, you must follow certain steps. First, you must obtain a registered agent. Second, you must file articles of incorporation Oklahoma. Third, you must pay the required fee. Finally, you must register the company with the secretary state.

Article of Incorporation Oklahoma Online

You can do everything you need to do online. To start, go to the Secretary of State’s website. On the home page, select “Corporations” under “Business Services.” Then, choose “File Articles of Incorporation Oklahoma.” Next, fill out the online forms and submit them. Your documents will be processed immediately.

Mail Articles of Incorporation OK

If you prefer to use paper, you can send your documents to the Secretary of State. Go to the Secretary of State website. On the home screen, select “Corporate Records” under “Public Information.” Choose “Incorporated Companies” under “Filing Requirements.” Then, find the appropriate form and fill it out. Mail the completed document to the address shown on the form.

Oklahoma Articles of Incorporation

To form a corporation in Oklahoma, you must file an application for a certificate of authority with the Secretary of State. You must pay a filing fee and provide several pieces of information about yourself. After receiving approval, the secretary of state issues a certificate of authority. This document is what allows you to use the corporate name.

You must obtain a certified copy of the certificate of authority within one year of formation. If you do not, you cannot renew the certificate of authority.

See also  Oklahoma LLC Certificate of Formation – How to Register For Your Business?

If you want to incorporate a limited liability company, LLC, you can apply online at

You must provide certain data when filing articles of incorporation for an LLC in Oklahoma.

The Corporation Commission requires certain data to be included in the articles of incorporation. Here is what you need to know about it.

Incorporating a Business in Oklahoma

If you want to incorporate a business in Oklahoma, there are several steps you need to take. First, you need to file a certificate of organization with the Secretary of State’s Office. Next, you need to register a fictitious name with the Secretary of State. You do this by filing a form called Form 2A. Finally, you need to pay $25 to file the articles of incorporation with the Corporation Commission.

Oklahoma Statute §1902 provides that every incorporated company shall have at least one director. The directors are elected by shareholders. Each director serves for a term of three years unless the shareholders vote to extend his or her term. If no election occurs, the director’s term expires automatically at the end of the third year.


Create your LLC Corporation with just 3 easy steps



An officer of a corporation is anyone appointed to perform duties related to the management of the corporation. An officer typically performs some combination of the following functions:

• Executes contracts on behalf of the corporation;

Instructions for Oklahoma LLC Articles of Organization by Mail

The following instructions are designed to help you complete the process of forming an Oklahoma limited liability company (LLC). If you follow these steps, you will avoid problems during the formation process.

1. Read the Instructions carefully.


3. Sign the form and return it via certified mail, postage prepaid, to the Office of Secretary of State.

4. Follow the directions on the envelope.

5. Keep a copy of the completed form for your records.

6. For additional information about the requirements for forming an Oklahoma LLC, contact the Office of Secretary of state at 405 N.E. Capitol Ave., Suite 1101, Oklahoma City, OK 73102; telephone number 800-522-8982; or visit

See also  Oklahoma LLC Annual Filing Requirements: The Process to Get One For Your Business

Instructions for LLC Oklahoma Articles of Organization Online

Oklahoma law requires that a corporation or limited liability company file articles of Mandatory organization with the Secretary of State within 30 days of forming the entity. If you’re filing online, there are instructions here. You’ll need to provide the following information:

Name of Entity


The Address of the Principal Office

Principal Business Address

Registered Agent Name

Business Email Address

Company Type: Corporation or Limited Liability Company

Incorporation Date

The above information must be submitted along with the $25 fee. After submitting the forms, you’ll receive a confirmation email.

Contact us today if you’d like to learn more about incorporating or setting up an LLC in Oklahoma. We offer free consultations.

Additional Filings

The Uniform Electronic Transactions Act requires certain electronic signature providers to submit additional information to the Secretary of State. These additional filing requirements apply to companies that provide signature services to consumers, businesses, financial institutions, government agencies, and other entities.

You must comply with these requirements even if you do not offer electronic signatures. If you use an automated system to provide electronic signatures, you must maintain records demonstrating compliance with the act.

If you want to register for an account, you must complete the following steps:

1. Create an account by providing basic personal information.

2. Select one of three types of accounts: consumer, business, or governmental.

3. Choose whether to accept credit card payments or pay by check.

4. Provide contact information for technical support. Internal Revenue Service offers many benefits to taxpayers. Here are some of the most important ones.


1. Free tax preparation — If you qualify, you can file free of charge with Intuit TurboTax Online or H&R Block TaxCut. You don’t even have to download software; just go to and follow the instructions.

2. Free e-file — With the help of a third-party provider like H&R Block, you can electronically submit your return at no cost.

3. Electronic returns — E-filed returns are processed faster than paper returns. It takes about three weeks for paper returns to arrive at the IRS.

See also  Oklahoma Secretary of State - Business Search  Secretary of State Corporation Search

4. Paperless filing — You can use our electronic filing system without downloading software. Just log into your account and select “eFile.”

5. Filing extensions — If you miss the April 18 deadline, you can request an extension. To do so, go to,,id96541,00.html and fill out Form 4868.

6. Refund anticipation loans — These short-term loans allow you to receive up to $1500 while waiting for your refund. Visit for more information.



Frequently Asked Questions

Are there changes that require separate filings?

If you want to ensure your corporate documents are up to date, it helps to know what kinds of amendments you must file. A simple change like changing the name of your registered agent requires no additional forms. But if you’re changing your address or adding employees, you’ll need to file an amendment. And if you’re changing your registered office, you’ll need to amend both the registered agent and registered office sections of your articles of organization.

The Oklahoma Secretary of State offers a handy online tool to help determine whether you need to file an amendment and how much it costs.

How to File the Certificate of Incorporation for an Oklahoma Nonprofit

Filing the Certificate of Incorporated Organization (COO) is one of the most important steps in forming a nonprofit in Oklahoma. You must file it with the state within 30 days of incorporation or else the nonprofit loses its tax-exempt status. If you do not file the COO within 30 days of incorporating, then you cannot receive federal income tax deductions for donations you make to your nonprofit. However, filing the COO does not mean that you automatically qualify for 501(c)(4), 501(c)(6), 501(d), or 501(e). These sections require additional paperwork to be filed.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top