Articles of Incorporation Montana: A Guide to Forming an LLC in MT



A business must file articles of incorporation in Montana before opening a bank account or doing any other business activities. Articles of Incorporation are filed with the Secretary of State’s office, and are used to establish a legal entity. This includes protecting shareholders against personal liability for the actions of the company.

An annual corporate report is required to be filed with the Secretary of States Office if the company has been incorporated for two years or less, and it must include information about the company’s financial statements. If the company wants to continue operating after filing articles of incorporation, it must pay fees to keep its charter alive.

The company can dissolve itself after filing the articles of incorporation in Montana. Dissolving a company dissolves its charters, and allows the company to start over again under another name.

Name your corporation after something meaningful to you.

You’ve probably heard about the importance of choosing a good domain name for your business. But did you know there are rules governing how companies use certain words? If you don’t follow those rules, it could cost you money and even cause problems for your business.

The most important rule is that your company name must end with either “Corp.” or “Ltda.” These are Latin abbreviations meaning “corporation” and “limited liability corporation.” They indicate that your company is a legal entity separate from yourself. This makes sense because you wouldn’t want your personal assets to be tied up in a lawsuit against your company.

Another thing to consider is whether your company name includes a word that might be confusing to customers. For example, if you sell shoes, you might call your company “Shoe Corp.” However, “Shoe Corp” sounds like a shoe store, which isn’t what you’re selling. Instead, try something like “Footwear Inc.” or ” Footwear LLC.”

See also  The Best Way To File the Montana LLC Articles of Organization

If you plan to incorporate, you can reserve a corporate name online. Otherwise, you can apply with the state government where you live.

File articles of incorporation for an LLC in Montana

Incorporating a company requires filing articles of incorporation with the Secretary of State’s office. These are filed to protect against fraud and ensure that the state knows who owns what assets. If someone tries to claim company ownership without filing the proper paperwork, it could lead to trouble.

Montana law states that every person must register his or her name in the corporate records within 30 days of forming the corporation. Once registered, three types of companies can be formed: general partnership, limited liability partnership, and domestic limited liability partnership. Each type of company needs to be filed separately.

A registered agent is required to receive legal documents and accept service requests. To become a registered agent, you must complete Form SS1, which includes a $25 fee.

Preemptive Rights: An individual can file incorporation articles before another corporation. By doing this, he or she receives priority over the other company.

Close Corporate Election: Two companies with identical names can choose one company to go first. For example, if two businesses were both named ABC Company, Inc., the company Opening that filed first would win Filing the race to establish itself as the owner. Dissolving Filing Fees: The amount required to file depends on how long you want the process to take. There is no charge to start the process, but fees do apply for each step.

Creating Corporate Bylaws

A Montana corporation must file its corporate bylaws with the secretary of state within 30 days after incorporation. Shareholders can vote by proxy if they cannot attend an annual meeting or special meeting. If you want to incorporate in another state, check out our guide to incorporating in New York.

See also  Montana Registered Agent: LLC & Corporation Guide


Create your LLC Corporation with just 3 easy steps


Opening a Business Bank Account

The IRS requires every business to file a federal tax return each year. If you are incorporated, it is called Form 1040. This form must include information about your income, deductions, and expenses. You must also report how much you paid in wages and salaries during the year. In addition, you must list what type of business entity you operate, such as sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, etc.

If you do not have a business bank account, you cannot prepare your tax returns. Instead, you must use a personal checking account. But having a business bank account is important because it allows you to make electronic payments, receive reimbursements, and deposit checks.

There are several types of accounts that businesses can open. Here is a brief description of each one:

• Individual Checking Accounts – These are usually free of charge. They allow you to write checks against your balance. Checks can be used to pay bills, buy things online, and transfer funds among different banks. However, there is no limit on the number of transactions per month.

• Savings Accounts – These require a small initial investment. A monthly fee is associated with savings accounts, but interest rates are generally better than those offered by individual checking accounts.

• Money Market Accounts – These offer high rates of interest. They are similar to savings accounts except that they carry a lower risk level.

• Certificated Deposit Accounts – These are like CDs, but they come with a guarantee that the principal amount plus interest will be returned to you upon maturity.

Filing an Annual Corporate Report

Fill out the certificate of authority forms and attach copies of your corporate documents, including Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and most recent annual reports. You must submit the completed forms to the Secretary of State within 10 days of incorporation. Failure to do so could cause problems with Montana Law Enforcement Officials.

See also  Montana LLC Annual Filing Requirements: The Complete Guide

Dissolving Your Montana Corporation

If you want to dissolve your Montana corporation, you must file Form MT-2A, Application For Registration Of Business Entity, With The Secretary Of State. This form requires information such as the name of the dissolved entity, address where it will be doing business, date of dissolution, and contact information. You must also submit proof of payment of fees due to the state.

In addition, you must file Form MTF-1, Notice To Foreign Entities Doing Business In Montana. This form provides notice to foreign entities doing business in Montana that you have filed an application to register your business entity. It also gives the foreign entity 30 days to respond. Failure to do so could result in penalties and fines. The filing fee for both forms is $100.00 per form.



Frequently Asked Questions

When Does Your Montana Corporation Need To Be Registered With The State Of California?

After your Montana Articles of Incorporation are approved, you still need to do several things. You must file your articles with the secretary of state’s office; obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN); draft bylaws; hold your first meeting, open a bank account, and learn about state reporting and tax regulations.

Why does my Montana Corporation need an EIN? Because it needs to file taxes.

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires companies to obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN). This number is used to identify businesses and individuals filing taxes. If you are incorporated, it is required for both personal and corporate income tax purposes. In addition, the Montana Department of Revenue (MDOR) requires an EIN for business registrations.

You may also be asked for an EIN when opening a business bank account, securing a small business loan, or applying for a local business permit or license.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top