Table of Contents
What Is SOS Filing Number Do In Business
SOS Filing number is a unique identification code assigned to each business entity registered under the Companies Act 2013. It is issued by the Registrar General & Company Secretary (RGC). A company’s filing number consists of two parts – the first six digits and the last four digits. The first six digits identify the type of business entity whereas the last four digits indicate its serial number.
The first six digits of the filing number are called ‘SOS Code’ while the last four digits are known as ‘Filing Number.
Here we discuss what is SOS filing numbers do in business.
SOS Filing Number is useful for various purposes including:
• To check whether the name of the company is already taken or not.
• To know the status of the application filed by the company.
• To find out if the company is active or not.
• If the company is inactive then it may be revived.
• To get information regarding the company’s directors, shareholders, etc.
• To obtain details about the company’s address.
• To register a trademark.
• To apply for change of name of the company.
• For opening bank account.
• To file income tax returns.
What Is The Benefits SOS FIling Number in Business
SOS Filing number is a unique identification number assigned to each business entity under the Companies Act 2013. Every company registered under the Companies Act is given a unique filing number called “SOS” (Service Online System) Filing Number. A person who wants to file any document related to the company should use the SOS Filing Number.
Benefits Of Using SOS Filing Number In Business
The following are some of the benefits of using SOS Filing Number in business:
• SOS Filing Number helps in tracking the progress of the company.
• SOS Filing number helps in maintaining the records of the company.
It is mandatory to have a unique filing number for every company. If you want to start a new business then you need to get a unique filing number. You cannot have two companies having the same filing numbers. So it is necessary to choose a unique filing number for your business.
How To Get SOS Filing Number?
You can obtain a unique SOS Filing Number online at www.companieshouse.gov.in. There are many ways to get a unique SOS Filing number. You can follow these steps to get a unique SOS filing number:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Company Registration Department i.e. www.companieshouseindia.nic.in.
Step 2: Click on the link named ‘Online Application Form.
Step 3: Fill out the application form carefully and submit it.
Step 4: After submitting the application form, you will receive a confirmation mail regarding the status of your application.
Step 5: Once you receive the confirmation mail, click on the link mentioned in the mail.
Step 6: Now you will be able to download the application form.
What Happen If You Don’t SOS Filing Number For Your Business in Wisconsin
SOS filing number is the name given to the business license issued by the state of Wisconsin. In order to start any type of business, you need to apply for a business license. A business license is a document that shows the authority of the owner of the business to conduct certain activities. There are different types of licenses depending upon the nature of the business. However, if you want to run a small business, then you have to get a business license.
There are two ways to obtain a business license. Another way is to visit the office of the department of commerce and ask them to issue a business license. Both these methods require you to fill out a form called application for business license. Once you complete the form, you have to pay a fee. After paying the fee, you will receive a receipt showing the amount paid.
If you do not have a business license, you cannot open a business. Therefore, before starting any kind of business, make sure that you have obtained a business license.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an attorney to help me file the Articles of Incorporation?
The IRS requires every corporation to file articles of incorporation within 30 days of forming the corporation. This filing must include information such as the name of the corporation, the address where it will operate, and the names of the incorporators. If you do not form the corporation yourself, you can hire a registered agent to act on behalf of the corporation. However, there are many reasons why you might want to form a corporation yourself. For example, you might want to keep your identity secret, avoid paying taxes or provide certain benefits to shareholders.
If you decide to form the corporation yourself, the following steps are required:
1. File Form 8832, Application for Employer Identification Number, with the IRS. You must complete this form even if you already have an EIN.
2. File Form 2553, Application for Exemption From Federal Income Tax With Respect To Certain Corporations, with the IRS.
3. File Form W–8, Certification Of Foreign Status Or Qualification, with the Social Security Administration.
4. File Form SS–4, Application For Change In Address And New Filing Requirements, with the SSA.
5. Pay the $800 fee for filing the articles of incorporation.
How long does it take to get articles filed?
The IRS requires certain taxpayers to file tax returns electronically. You must file Form 1040EZ and pay the appropriate amount of taxes due by April 15th. However, there are exceptions. For example, if you qualify for one of the following exemptions, you don’t have to file electronically:
• Your gross income is less than $10,350 for single filers and $20,700 for joint filers.
• You’re 65 or older or disabled.
• You live outside the United States.
• You’re married and your spouse doesn’t work.
If you do want to use eFile, here are three things you need to know about it:
1. It takes longer than paper filing.
2. You’ll need to provide information that isn’t required on paper forms.
3. You’ll need to make sure it’s accurate.
James Rourke is a business and legal writer. He has written extensively on subjects such as contract law, company law, and intellectual property. His work has been featured in publications such as The Times, The Guardian, and Forbes. When he’s not writing, James enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf.