What Are LLC Articles of Organization Washington State? (Why It Is Important)



Choose a name for your LLC. A registered agent is a someone who will accept service of papers for your LLC. A certificate of formation is the form that states what type business you are conducting. An operating agreement is a legal document that governs how your LLC operates. An annual report is filed annually with the Secretary of State’s Office.

Who Must File Articles of Organization in the State of Washington?

Every entity needs to file an Articles of Organization (AO) with the Secretary of State (SOS). This includes corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships, unincorporated associations, and nonprofit organizations. All AOs must include information about the name, address, and telephone number of the registered agent. An LLC must also include the names and addresses of each member.

There are different kinds of entities and different types of formation documents required depending upon what type of entity you are forming. For example, there are three different types of corporations: domestic, foreign, and hybrid. Each corporation requires a specific document called a Certificate of Incorporation (COI). Foreign corporations must file Form SS-4. Domestic corporations must file Form D-1. Hybrid corporations must file both Forms SS-4 and D-1.

The following table lists the requirements for filing an Articles of Organization with the SOS. If you don’t know whether you’re forming an LLC, partnership, or another type of entity, please contact our office.

Corporations Limited Liability Companies Unincorporated Associations Nonprofit Organizations Formation Documents Name of Entity Article of Organization (AO): COI; D-1; SS-4; Other Type of Entity Corporation Domestic Corporation Foreign Corporation Hybrid Corporation Domestic Corporation Partnership Domestic Corporation Limited Liability Company Domestic Corporation

Naming Your LLC: A Guide

When choosing a name for your limited liability company, it’s important to think about what you want your business to accomplish. You’ll likely use your company name for marketing purposes, such as advertising online and on social media sites. So, make sure that the name you select reflects your brand and helps customers identify your business.

You’ll also need a unique identifier for your LLC. This might include your full legal name and address, along with a phone number. If you’re thinking about incorporating your LLC in another state, check whether your state requires a separate filing fee for each entity. And don’t forget to register your LLC with the Secretary of State’s office.

If you decide to incorporate your LLC in Delaware, you must file a Certificate of Incorporation with the Secretary of State within 30 days of forming your company. Once incorporated, you’ll need to complete the following steps to finalize your company’s formation.

See also  Washington Certificate of Authority: Everything You Should Know

1. File Articles of Organization with the Delaware Division of Corporations.

2. Obtain a Tax Identification Number (TIN).

3. Register your DBA.

4. Determine whether you need to obtain a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN).


Create your LLC Corporation with just 3 easy steps


Appoint a Registered Agent

A registered agent is someone who gets legal notices on behalf of a corporation. If you are incorporated, it is likely that you already have one. But if you don’t, here’s how to find out what type of registered agent you need to register.

If you’re incorporated, you probably have a name such as “XYZ Inc.” This is called your “corporate name,” and it is required to incorporate. Your corporate name must include your full name and the state where you reside. For example, if you live in California, your corporate name should read XYZ Incorporated.

After incorporating, you’ll need to file paperwork with the Secretary of State’s Office. In most states, this involves filing a certificate of incorporation. Once you’ve filed this form, you’ll need to publish notice of your incorporation in a local newspaper.

Once you’ve published notice of your incorporation, you’ll need to notify the Secretary of State’s office about changes in ownership. This is done by filing a change Obtain of information form. After doing this, you’ll need to send copies of the forms to the Secretary of State’s offices in every state where your company does business. Each state requires different filings; check with your secretary of state for requirements.

You’ll also need to appoint a person to act as your registered agent. A registered agent is someone authorized to accept legal papers on behalf of your company. This includes accepting sthe ervice of court papers.

The best way to do this is to hire a professional registered agent. They charge a fee based on the number of clients they represent. Some agents require a retainer deposit up front, while others take a percentage of each transaction. Fees vary depending on the size of your firm.

Contact the Secretary of State’s website or call 888-BUSINESS1 (888-824-9238) for more information on appointing a registered agent.

Make a Certificate of Formation and submit it.

A certificate of formation is required in order to form a limited liability corporation (LLC) in Washington state. You must file several forms with the Secretary of State’s Office, including Articles of Organization, Operating Agreements, and Certificates of Formation. You must complete each document separately.

An operating agreement is needed to define how the LLC will conduct its business. This includes setting up the management structure, determining who owns what percentage of the company, and defining managers’ duties.

See also  Washington State LLC Operating Agreement: A Guide For A Business

The certificate of formation is used to officially register the LLC with the secretary of state’s office. This document contains basic information about the LLC, like its name, address, and principal place of business.

You can find the forms online at www.dol.wa.gov/forms/. For additional information, call the Secretary of State‘s Office at 800-332-4483.

Prepare an Operating Agreement

An operating agreement is a contract between the owners of an entity. In most cases, it helps protect the interests of each member. If you’re starting a new business venture, such as a small business, or if you want to change the ownership structure of your current business, an operating agreement will ensure that everyone involved understands their respective roles and responsibilities.

Using a template is the best way to start drafting an operating agreement. There are many templates out there. You’ll find some free ones online. Some offer a basic version and others offer a more detailed version.

You’ll also need to ensure that your state requires you to file an operating agreement. Many states do not require LLCs to file an operating agreement, but it’s still a good idea to do so regardless of whether your state requires it.

If you decide to draft your operating agreement, here are some key points to consider:

• Who owns the company? This is usually set up in the articles of organization.

• What happens if someone leaves the company? How does the remaining owner(s) distribute the assets and liabilities?

• Who pays for expenses? Is there a budgeting process?

Obtain an EIN

An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is required to file taxes. You must apply for an EIN if you are self-employed, work for someone else, or operate a business. If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to complete Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number. This form requires basic personal information such as name, address, Social Security number, date of birth, employer identification number, and signature.

If you’re applying for an EIN for the first time, you’ll need to provide additional documents ,including proof of identity, residency status, and proof of employment. After submitting the application, it takes about 10 days to receive a response. Once approved, you’ll receive a confirmation email containing your EIN.

A federal tax ID number allows your company to pay payroll taxes online and access other benefits. To obtain an EIN ,you must submit Form SS-4 and supporting documentation. For more information ,see IRS Publication 1544, Tax Guide for Small Businesses.

File a Business License Application.

The process to start a business in Washington state is simple. You just need to file a Business License Application. This application must be filed with the Secretary of State’s Office within 30 days of opening a business. If you are filing a corporation, LLC, or partnership, you must pay $25 to register your trade name. You can do it online, by mail, or in person.

See also  SOS Filing Number Washington: Everything You Should Know

If you are applying for a Washington business license online, you will need to provide information about yourself, your business, and your location. Once you complete the form, you will receive a confirmation email. Your completed application will be mailed to you.

You can also apply in person at one of our offices. We offer office hours Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm. Please call ahead to make sure we are open during those times.

File Your Annual Report

The deadline to file your annual report with the secretary of state is April 15th. If you haven’t filed one, now is the perfect time to do it. Here’s everything you need to know.

Filing an annual report is simple. All you need to do is print out the form, fill it out, sign it, and mail it in.

Hiring a lawyer to file an annual report is expensive. A good attorney charges anywhere from $500 to $1,000 per hour.

An LLC is a great way to protect your assets if you want to sell your company or retire early.

There are many benefits to forming a limited liability company, like protecting your assets, avoiding double taxation, and having access to special tax treatment.

You will need to file an individual income tax return. This includes information about your earnings, deductions, and taxes you paid.

If you’re filing a corporation, partnership, or S-corporation, you’ll need to file Form 1065. This includes information about profits, losses, dividends, capital gains, and taxes.



Frequently Asked Questions

Is expedited processing available?

Yes. If you are eligible for expedited processing, processing your credit card payment may take up to three days. You must submit your application within 30 days of submitting your tax return.

If you do not qualify for expedited processing, you will receive a letter explaining why your request could not be processed.

Expedite Processing Fee

A $20 per month fee applies to expedited processing requests. This fee is waived for taxpayers who use IRS Free File.

Where Can You Find Your Washington LLC Articles of Organization

The articles of organization are the legal paperwork that creates your business entity. They must include the word “limited liability company” or “LLC.” To start a business in Washington, the state requires you to file the articles of organization with the secretary of state. There are three ways to obtain the articles of organization: Online, via mail; or in person. In some cases, you may need to pay fees in addition to filing the papers.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top